Picture taken out truck window, driving up the canyon road.

Fall of 2009.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Nancy Pelosi

I was amazed to actually hear Nancy Pelosi say how wonderful it would be to have an economy in which someone could write or paint or take pictures without worrying about a day job to have health insurance.

Okay, let's all quit working and indulge in our hobbies of choice. When we need some medical assistance then......ah......opps, who will cover the cost?

Doctors attend school for at least 8 years, are basically slave labor at hospitals (way over-worked and under-paid) for residencies of an additional 2 to 6 years, and after this 10 to 15 year time-span and thousands of dollars of debt, they will be happy to take care of us for free? Hospitals do not need to charge for their services? Nurses, assistants, technicians, record keepers, pharmacies, clerks all exist so you can write your novel? It is ludicrous, yet I heard the words come out of Nancy Pelosi's mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Taught for 28 years. Although I taught 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades, 6th was my favorite and I spent 18 years working with 11 and 12-year-olds. For almost 8 years before that, I worked as an office manager for a college Dean and Professor who was one of the most intelligent men I've ever met. Good, thoughtful people are everywhere and sometimes ideas and information need to be shared.