Picture taken out truck window, driving up the canyon road.

Fall of 2009.

Friday, February 21, 2014

Obamacare...really?

With the continuing controversy about the "Affordable Care Act," (I used quotation marks on purpose) these seemed timely.  What an enormous, money-sucking hole it is.  I hope my almost 83-year-old mother doesn't have her insurance rates double to cover somebody who has never managed to keep a job.  The most amazing to me is the number of people who actually believed that an insurance program could magically cover everyone for everything--for nothing.  Wow, our gene pool is getting shallow.



Heaven help us.  Our government won't.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Taught for 28 years. Although I taught 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades, 6th was my favorite and I spent 18 years working with 11 and 12-year-olds. For almost 8 years before that, I worked as an office manager for a college Dean and Professor who was one of the most intelligent men I've ever met. Good, thoughtful people are everywhere and sometimes ideas and information need to be shared.